Saturday, November 17, 2007

Back to some of the political stuff

I know I was going to try and get away from some of the political stuff, but I read an article this morning about the VA and the treatment of veterans. The article is about a Marine Sgt. who went to Iraq and was hit with an IED (read full story on the CNN site). The bottom line is he was completely disfigured and wasn't getting the compensation he was owed. Granted our service members know what they are getting into but this is ridiculous.

When I was in the USMC I blew my knee out. Obviously not nearly as bad as the story but it hurt like no bodies business. I never received compensation because I didn't put in for it. This devil dog did put in for it and got paid very little. In fact 2 days are the article was published he got a call from the Director of the VA. Why does it take something extreme, like a story to CNN or other media outlets to get things going?

I would like to know what you think.

Sound off and thou shalt be heard!!!!

No comments: