I found an article about job seekers who do amazing things for jobs. I am happy to say I was quoted in the article and it was in the NY Post. The link to the article is listed here
NY Post Article. It is a great moment for me since this is the first time I was quoted in such a large publication.
So the discussion is what you have seen people do in order to get a position. I did describe the one in the article, but I have an even scarier story than that. I was at a firm in San Diego doing executive level search in accounting and finance. I was looking to fill a Director of Internal Audit/Sox Compliance for a start up focusing on fitness. I found someone who on paper looked pretty good. I brought him in to interview him and the guy knew his stuff. I sent him over to the client and they loved him. They asked for a couple more interviews and they both fell in love. Meanwhile, I had checked 1 reference before sending him over and it came back second to none (I will put up a blog on reference checking soon). I am not in the habit of putting people in the database when they come in, but I did check to see if he was in there which he wasn’t. When I put his SSN into the database I found another person with a completely different name!!!! I was shocked to say the least. I then went to go check his CPA and no one had even heard of this guy in CA or NY. I emailed the Universities he went to in Israel and they had no record.
Long story short this guy was a complete fraud. However, the client still wanted to hire him though. Their only stipulation was that he needed to produce a copy of his CPA by 6 months. Needless to say, he knew he got caught and take the job.
What have you seen?
No comments:
Post a Comment